I've hooled up our acer monitor and it says no signal. I'm…

Customer Question
I've hooled up our...

I've hooled up our acer monitor and it says no signal. I'm getting that whether I use the HDMI chord or the VGA connection

Technician's Assistant: What Acer model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Acer H236HL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Removed it from one room to another. Trying to hook it up again and it won't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Was working beforehand

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Check the source input of the monitor by using the setup buttons on either the front, bottom, or side, depending on the model. Make sure the source input matches what you have it plugged in to, i.e. HDMI, VGA, etc.

I don't see a source input button. There are 4-5 buttons next to the power button, but they are not labeled, and when I push them nothing happens

One of them should give you an on screen menu?

There may also be one labeled Input that you can use without entering the menu setup.

Are you having any luck?