Byron So far so good. Win 7 installed. Got ahead of myself…

Customer Question
Byron So far so good. Win...
Byron
So far so good. Win 7 installed. Got ahead of myself and didn't activate internet when I had an earlier choice. How do I do this now. Want to install and run antivirus. Thanks.
Barron
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

How are you connecting the computer to the Internet? (network cable or wireless)

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Witeless

If you plug the computer into your modem/router with a network cable temporarily, can you access the Internet?

wired but not accessing internet

Keep the computer wired and do the following:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: cmd
- Click the Ok button.
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3
Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?
- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com
Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?

I see now that this is a duplicate of an earlier task. Please, go back to the original task. This one will be closed.

Original Task: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/aue6c-cannot-change-booting-order-hard-drive-cd-rom-bios.html

Boot order ok. Ping results in transmit failed. General failure
Ipconfig results in user name by the way