LComputer's fine for now. I need tech support for a bose…

Customer Question
LComputer's fine for now...

LComputer's fine for now. I need tech support for a bose sound bar

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Cine mate 1SR

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Turnded on tv - no sound - red light on bose blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not - it 's been working fine since installed in 2013 - tuirned it on today & no sound & red blinking light

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; this system is at/past its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 30 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; however repairs for these systems are simply not feasible. There are no parts available for them and labor alone will be more than the system is worth. Replacing it with a new model with a fresh warranty is the most practical option.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.