My keyboard won't work. Dell Inspero. A couple of months. I…

Customer Question
Hello, my...

Hello, my keyboard won't work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Inspero

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

A couple of months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I checked the batteries-they are ok.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

Have you tried a different keyboard on the same computer?

no,I was going to try that,but my contact only had a plug- in keyboard. I had Microsoft run a scan they responded that it was not a hardware problem.

Step 1 is to plug in a different keyboard (this will rule out that possibility)

preferably a WIRED regular keyboard

I also went back to my retail store , they said dell should take care of it under their original guarantee

OK...just let me know the results