I lent my ipad to my grandson who locked it and has

Customer Question
Hello pearl my name...

Hello pearl my name is ***** ***** lent my ipad to my grandson who locked it and has forgotten the code so I can open it again

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

The I pad I cannot unlock it. I have been locked out so I have connected it to the computer. I am not computer saavy so I do not know what or how to do this

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Applke ipad 16gb

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

My computer is fine but I cannot enter the lock code to the ipad. my grandson used it until I bought him a new one of his own and changed the code and has now forgotten it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the ipad connected to the computer via the usb port. iTunes is installed and i have just updated the latest version. i have not and do not want to connect to the cloud thingie. what next?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
anyone there?
12/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Dorsey

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts with JustAnswer.com. How are you today? Give me a moment while I review your question and formulate some followup questions so I can hopefully assist you with an answer. Please remember to rate my answer(s) before you leave the session today, and remember it is my service to your specific question here you are rating and nothing else. Thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 7 months ago

You can call Apple Support (yea they do have live phone support) at(###) ###-####and request account recovery assistance.

On the iPad “If you see the Connect to iTunes screen on your iPad”? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203122. If so then the best help solution for you is to head to the closest Apple Store in your area for assistance in erasing and restoring the device for a "forgotten passCODE".