Setting up a new laptop and need to move visio. Where can I…

Customer Question
Setting up a new...

Setting up a new laptop and need to move visio. Where can I find the download without repurchasing?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell xps with windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 4 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Which version of the Visio did you have? was it purchased as stand alone software?

visio 2016 subscription

just login to http://office.com and you will be able to download from there.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

your answer did not help. I already knew to go to http://office.com. This URL does not have the Visio download

That means its not under account you logged in to or you do not have subscription for it.

Do you have email with confirmation that you have Visio 2016 subscription? is it under your Office 365 package?

I have a current subscription... it just renewed last Sunday evening. I have the confirmation email.

Does it stare Visio? If so, login to the account you subscribed with and you will be able to download it.

You will not see it if you do not have subscription for it.

I meant to write: Does it state Visio?

What is the exact Office 365 package you subscribed to?

Your Office 365 subscription will automatically renew.
View this email in your browser.–Your Office 365 subscription will automatically renew on 11/24/2017 –
– You're all set!
We will use your current payment method and your renewal charges will appear on your next bill.
Thanks for subscribing to Office 365. We hope to continue serving you. –
– Subscription information:
Organization: t3 Wireless
Domain: t3wireless.onmicrosoft.com
Subscription: Visio Online Plan 2
Subscription ID: 699facc7-9d73-49f2-8295-ba47662e3adb

– Helpful resourcesManage your subscriptions
How to update your credit card information
How to get the most out of Office 365
Get help and support for Office 365

– This is a mandatory service communication. To set your contact preferences for other communications, click here.
This message was sent from an unmonitored e-mail address. Please do not reply to this message.
Privacy | Legal

– Microsoft Office
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA###-##-####USA

ok

as per Microsoft support, you need to login to Office 365 online to use your Visio Online subscription

source: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/View-create-and-edit-a-diagram-in-Visio-Online-06f04845-91b8-4e8f-881f-a43c970735fc

from microsoft:

Microsoft Visio Online Plan 2, available as a subscription, includes the same capabilities as Visio Professional 2016. In addition, such cloud-only features as Data Visualizer, Database Reverse Engineering, Improved Support for the AutoCAD drawings have been recently introduced. Plan 2 also allows each user to install Visio on up to five PCs running Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7. It automatically installs the latest updates (both feature and security) for the duration of the subscription. Visio Online Plan 1 with 2 GB OneDrive storage is also included.

so if you login with correct account, you will be able to download

I had previously had visio on my desktop as part of this subscription. So I could use the program even if I weren't connected to the web. But when I log into my account, I have no access to a download or to visio online
Is there anything at all to download when you login to office.com?
No... and I have been trying to figure this out for over 6 hours now. I don't think you can possibly comprehend how incredibly pissed off I am right now. We are done and I am going to bed!

ok, I can remote into your PC and figure this out, when you ready let me know

See my previous message
Saw it, your payment for this question is good for 30 days. Come back when you are ready to continue
My payment?

Yes, its good for 30 days, so reply when you ready to continue

Andy, Computer Consultant