I am trying to recover my old Hotmail account. On my

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to recover my old Hotmail account

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Before my email disappeared. a voice said call a number because their is a virus in mt computer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Can you explain a bit further, did you receive a phone call about microsoft or hotmail?

No, I did not;
OK,. how long before he gets back to me.
I am still waiting for the technician.
I have things to do today. If I cant get somebody soon.
am going to have to
ask for a refund.
Thank you..
Tech Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 7 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

OnMobile

Open Outlook.Tap the Outlook app icon, which resembles a white box with a blue "O"on it.

Tap Get Started. Skip this step if you've opened Outlook before.

• You should only have to reset your Outlook password ***** you have never signed into Outlook on your smartphone or tablet, or if your account recently had the password *****

Enter your email address.You'll do so in the text field that's in the middle of the page.

Tap Add account. It's below the email address field. This will take you tothe password ***** page.

• Skip this step if you're signing back into Outlook after a password ***** or a reinstallation of the Outlook app.

Tap the Forgot my passwordlink. It's near the bottom of the screen.

Check the "I forgot my password" box. This is the top option on the page.

Tap Next. It's at the bottom of the screen.

Enter the verification code. Tap the "Enter the characters you see" text box,then type in the characters that are in the code box above the text box.

• You can tap New next to the code box to reset the code here.
    • The letters and numbers in the code box are case-sensitive.

Tap Next.

Tap an account recovery option. Tap either Email or Text on this page.

• If you haven't registered a backup phone number, you'll just see Email here.
    • If you didn't register a backup email account or phone number, tap I don't have any of these, tap Next, enter a backup email, and follow the on-screen instructions. This may help you get your account back.

Enter your email address or phone number. Tap the text field below your chosen recovery option andenter your full email address (Email) or the last four digits of yourphone number (Text) to verify your identity

Tap Send code. It's in the lower-right corner of the page. Doing so willsend a recovery code to your email address or phone number.

Retrieve the recovery code. To do so:

• Email - Open the recovery email address, select the email from "Microsoft account team", and note the code next to the "Security code" heading.
    • Text - Open your phone's Messages app, tap the text from Microsoft (usually a six-digit phone number), and note the code in the text message.

Enter the recovery code.Tap the "Enter the code" text field, type in the code that youretrieved from your email address or phone, and tap Next. As long asyour code is correct, this will take you to the password ***** page.

Enter a new password.Type your new password ***** the "New password" and "Reenterpassword" fields, then tap Next.

Tap Next whenprompted. This will take you back to thesign-in page where you can sign into your account using your new password.

OnDesktop

Open the password ***** page. Go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx inyour browser.

Check the "I forgot my password" box. It's at the top of the page.

Click Next. You'll find this at the bottom of the page.

Enter your email address.Type in the Hotmail, Live, or Outlook email address for which you want to resetthe password.

• You can also enter your phone number or Skype username if you have either on file with your account.

Enter the verification code. Type the code that's in the box below the email addresstext field into the "Enter the characters you see" field near thebottom of the page.

• You can click New next to the code box to reset the code here.

Click Next.

Select an account reset option. Click either Text or Email on this page.

• If you didn't register a backup email account or phone number, check I don't have any of these and click Next, enter a backup email, and follow the on-screen instructions. This may help you get your account back.

Enter your email address or phone number. Type in your full email address below the Email option,or type in the last four digits of your phone number under the Textoption.

Click Send code. It's a blue button at the bottom of the page. This willsend a recovery code to your email address or phone number.

Retrieve the recovery code. To do so:

Enter the recovery code.Type the code into the text field in the middle of the page, then click Next.As long as the code that you enter matches the one that you received, you'll betaken to the password ***** page.

Enter a new password.Type your new password ***** the "New password" and "Reenterpassword" fields, then click Next.

Click Next whenprompted. This will take you back to thesign-in page where you can sign into your account using your new password.

Waiting for you to contact me.