I am attempting to format an ASUS RT-N12 N300 router, but I…

Customer Question
I am attempting to...

I am attempting to format an ASUS RT-N12 N300 router, but I don't have a cable that will connect into my MacBookpro 12

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I have an ethernet cable, but my Mac table will not accept it

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

The 3 left ones, all solid blue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are trying to do a reset on the router. By doing a reset all the setting will be erased to factory default setting all the wifi device will get disconnect from the internet and you need to reconfigure the router.

Execute hardware reset

To reset the ASUS RT-N12 D1 to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:

1. Put router into operation
  2. Press Reset button for at least 6 seconds
  3. Restart of the device is automatically executed
  4. Default settings have been restored

Execute software reset

With the ASUS RT-N12 D1, you can restore the factory settings with the installed software. Log in to the user interface of the router with your access data and execute the steps that are described in the user handbook.

After you have successfully executed the steps mentioned above, the configuration of the router will be reset to factory settings. If you want to log in to the user interface, you have to use the preset login data.

NOTE: Accessing the user interface you have to do the following steps for access:

1. Put router into operation
  2. Connect the device via Wi-Fi* or a network cable with the router
  3. Open web browser
  4. Enter IP address in the address bar and confirm with ‘Enter’ key
  5. Enter username and password ***** the open interface and confirm once more

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you