I forgot my current password and I want to change it. How to…

Customer Question
I forgot my current...

I forgot my current password ***** I want to change it

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

How to change my password ***** knowing my current one?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Microsoft windows 7XL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Problem for several days. i have tried to get a new password ***** unable to without knowing my current one.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and that information is still valid.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service) I will use data that you will provide me. if data you provide is incorrect, recovery will not work.

I have tried to recover my password ***** "help" recovery procedure. I am going out of state
soon and will need my password ***** retrieve my email.......HELP!

OK, what was outcome of the recovery process? any message?

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.