Each time I shut it down I have background program that

Customer Question
Each time I shut...

Each time I shut it down I have background program that takes a long time before it shuts down. I usually force the shut down.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Asus laptop k501( i believe ) Windows 7.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your K501? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes continually, and had this problem even when I was using the worthless windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I have no idea what causes the problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

This is not a problem. It's actually a good thing because Windows is waiting for programs to shut down and disk buffers to be flushed to disk. If it didn't do that you'd be at nasty risk for data losses. Some programs do take a while to close off. They have to save settings, close disk files, shut down network ports, release memory, etc. This is perfectly normal behavior. This isn't something you should be worried about.

But still if it is waiting for too long, there are a few things you can look into.

Solution 1: Temporarily disable background programs (short version).Right-click the program's icon in the system tray (next to the clock), and choose Close, Exit, or Disable.Solution 2: Temporarily disable background programs on Windows from Task Manager.The Windows Task Manager can close programs that the system tray cannot.Warning: If you use the End Process feature to close a program, you will lose any unsaved data in that program. Avoid ending system processes if possible, and be cautious when terminating system processes: you may disable necessary components of your system. You may need to restart your computer to restore full functionality.If you are unfamiliar with the listed processes, follow these rules:Do not end EXPLORER.EXE, or anything with SYSTEM, SYSTRAY, or SERVICE in its user name.If you are unsure what a process does, do not end it.If you end a required process by mistake, restart your computer, and the system should re-enable it.