Emachine ET1331-45 desktop will not boot. Unable to do

Customer Question
Emachine ET1331-45 desktop will...

Emachine ET1331-45 desktop will not boot. Unable to do recovery

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

I have put recovery and repair dvd's in but no response to get them to do their job

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried restore without disc and was unsuccessful.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

I could walk you through this one over the phone etc (but it would be $39)...would you like to proceed?

confused, is my request for secure remote assistance being processed?
Where did you go - unable to call, no answer online. I am becoming concerned about the integrity of this.
If you are online, why are you not responding?

Sorry we got disconnected...I am back

2:05 a.m. on 12-1-17 At 1:34 a.m. I requested secure remote assistance that you had just offered and within seconds was informed that you were unable to call me but was still available for the online conversation. I have sent 3, this being the fourth inquiry, asking if my request was being processed and have had no response. Your customer care says you have 24/7 response. Do I have reason to be concerned since you have all my information and I have none of yours? I am awaiting a satisfactory response.

How computer savvy are you? (because we will probably need to pull the hard drive out of the unit and test it)

And how far back did your computer break?

Sorry having trouble reconnecting

OK

lost contact, try again?

Let's just start with answering my questions from before (otherwise this may be a moot point)

not that savvy but can follow instruction

Is you Asus a laptop or desktop computer?

It broke down about 3 months ago. I just let it sit for awhile then started trying to get it going about 3 weeks ago.

Laptop or Desktop?

emachine desktop

I will need to log into a another computer to help you...do you have another desktop?

no I have a Dell laptop

I can make that work...BUT it will be harder

So you got 2 options

1...you go buy an external enclosure to put your Emachine hard drive into and we test it (but this would require you pulling the hard drive out of the Emachine and putting it into an external enclosure...thus turning it into an external hard drive basically)

OR

2...you take the Emachine to a local computer shop by you to have the Hard Drive tested

How would you like to proceed?

Local would be better.

OK then...I will close this session out with you

Good luck to you

thank you

No problem

Andy, Computer Consultant