I have a T510 ThinkPas and I am getting messages regarding…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a T510 ThinkPas and I am getting messages regarding my recovery D Drive is running out of space. What ids this D drive?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your T510? What have you tried so far?

For many months. I am running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure of your question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

The purpose of the Recovery (D:) drive is to store all the files needed to do an emergency recovery when the system become unstable. The Recovery (D:) drive is actually a partition on the main hard drive in your computer - not an actual physical drive. It has much less available space than Drive (C:). If you use the Recovery (D:) drive to store files (such as files from using MS Backup), the drive quickly becomes full and can cause serious problems when you need to use system recovery.

Do not store files on the Recovery drive. The only files on the Recovery drive should be related to a system recovery.

To stop Low Disk Space errors, remove files that are not related to recovery from the Recovery (D:) drive.

It is generally ok for the warning message to come up, because D drive doesnt have much space and always almost full

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.