Well actually its my google pixel 2 phone. Google pixel2. I…

Customer Question
Well actually its my...

Well actually its my google pixel 2 phone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Google pixel2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I just got the phone today. my issue is that i cannot transfer my apps from old phone. I have tried a variety of ways to log in, but goggle says it cannot access my account

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
i just got this phone this morning. its android based
I am sure the phone is working fine. My issue is not being able to access my account to transfer my apps from old phone
oh what have i tried so far? 1). tried going back to verizon store. They sent me home with steps to take..did not resolve issue 2) returned to verizon store. They could not resolve issue and referred me to you
12/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok. thank you

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the Old phone?

ok. My old phone was a samsung something 7
can you get my apps for me via the secure session?
ok. lets give it a try

No, Secure connect remote session will not work on the android device. Could you please tell what are the apps you are trying to transfer to the google pixel 2?

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to choose remote support because we cant take remote access.

ok. there are only a few. Google Calendar, My Fitness Pal & Left & Right brain training & Trivia Crack- which i purchased. the rest were free

Have you tried sharing the app using Shareit app(Free app from play store) for transferring the app within two device? If you haven't tried that I will be help you in that.

Two devices? I only have the one phone. I should have kept my old

May I know whether your Old phone is working and it is with you now?

I traded in my old phone today when i purchased the new one. I got all my contacts though
sorry for delay on that. I thought i had hit send
its been a few. You still out there? Would phone number help or email address ?

Thats okay, In this case we can try to login to the Playstore with your google account. There will be an option called My apps & games. You can find list of app that was download, installed and purchased. So you can easily go ahead and download the app which you have purchased.

2 part problem. I couldn't get into the google play store earlier, so i opened new account. Now I am stuck in new account

We can try to reset the password ***** you old account. You can try to find the reset link given below: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:

• have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or

• have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.

2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.

3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.

4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or

2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:

• If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.

• Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):

• Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:

1. an SMS text message received from Google

2. an app (e.g. Google Authenticator)

3. printed back-up codes.

• Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.

• A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:

• You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​

• A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:

• Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.

• You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.

• A security question for Gmail password *****:

• Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.

• When you set up the account:

• Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.

If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Ok. Thanks for your assistance. I am going with plan B. I was hoping this was going to be easy, its not. None of the info on the apps is stuff I cant live without. I am just going to start from scratch

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.