I have a Satelite L55t laptop. The screen started getting…

Customer Question
I have a Satelite...

I have a Satelite L55t laptop. The screen started getting loose and floppy shortly after I bought it. Then the touch screen stopped working. Next something internal on the right hinge broke and the hinge moves around when I close the top. The laptop is out of warrenty and after checking out my model on Youtube, I see this is a common problem with Toshiba laptop designs.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

L55t-B5271. Originally windows 8.1, updated to windows 10, but after the touch screen stopped working and the top started coming loose. My computer tech says the touch screen is a hardware issue, probably causwed by the top comming loose. This was before the hinge actually broke. I would have to send the computer off to have it repaired and that will cost more than this piece of mjunk is worth.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today! One moment while I review the notes.

If you replace the hinge, you should be good, and they are relatively inexpensive. I can find one online for you. Is this what you'd like help with? If not, let met know

I'm not happy with your reply. I already fiqured out your answer. I was under the impression you were Toshiba. Your whole set up seems to be a scam to get my credfit card info. Not happy with your answer at all. Please cancel my transaction.

I'll cancel it. It is not a scam however and has a A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. Have a great day!