I am getting protection. Pressed Launch- it must have

Customer Question
I am getting protection...

I am getting protection. Pressed Launch- it must have worked. Pressed yes and the second button. Think it was some kind of save...don't know. Now what do I do? I had to get online--now nothing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It's an HP. that's all I know. I remember pressing some button to find out..

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just got a screen pop up today that said I had no McAfee protection and my computer was at risk. I paid for a subscription, got the receipt, and started the launching.

Technician's Assistant: Which McAfee product do you have?

Total Protection 1 year $39.99

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your McAfee software?

Nothing except to run a scan. It shows that I do not have protection. I don't think it finished something.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to ask

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer? Is it still showing the "Your computer is at risk" prompt now?

Windows. I am not on the scanning page. I got somewhere in the dialogue and it said I needed to be online. I got online and lost everything.

OK, can we go ahead with a secure remote session so that I can check and fix McAfee now?

Please open up the following link on your computer:

www.fastsupport.com/278211949
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Connected now; thank you.

Sorry, your Internet connection dropped out and so we got disconnected. Could you let me know if it has completed installing McAfee now?

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise if McAfee is installed now, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,