My Computer is fine but I don't remember my PW for my email…

Customer Question
Hey, My Computer is...

Hey, My Computer is fine but I don't remember my PW for my email account. I have tried to reset password ***** times but I haven't heard anything back from your Team

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes but once I get to office I tried to use it but it kicked me out and asked PW

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have changed employer and I don't have access to phone what is on my account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
11/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know
Thank you

I don't remember probably beginning on November. I hardly have time to go to it.

Thanks

Can you tell me the part of the email address after the @ symbol?

Thank you

Hotmail.com

Thanks

When you try to reset the password, what exactly happens? Did you provide a recovery email address or phone number when you first setup the account?

Please let me know

Thank you

I have changed employer and no longer have access to verification phone number I used my current employers email and successfully send request three times in past week and I don't hear anything after.

Thank you

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.

I don't think you like me to rate your or Microsoft's help at the moment.
Thanks for nothing
Richard, Computer Specialist