My computer is stuck at ..Process recovery file(mops.dat) in…

Customer Question
My computer is stuck...

My computer is stuck at ..Process recovery file(mops.dat) in the product recovery process

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

It has not moved past the "process recovery file" portion for about 5 to 10 minutes now

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo Ideapad 510-15isk, running Windows 10. I had signed up for the Windows Insider Program, but wanted to get out of it. Now, I've rebooted my computer in hopes of getting out of the program on there. And now it just same up with a screen that says "Default Boot Device missing or Boot Failed" I have a recovery drive Lenovo had sent to me a while back that I currently have inserted into my computer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

After I restarted my computer, I had left it alone, for fear I'd break something if I did anything else

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The manufacturer's warrenty has been expired since august of this year

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOP) is used for utility services such as uploading and downloading system software, remote testing and problem diagnosis.

If you get a preMOP error, It's possible that:

1. The recovery image / configuration is faulty or

2. The system hardware (i.e. the HDD) is faulty

To rule out a possible faulty hardware (i.e. HDD or RAM) you will need to run diagnostics on the Ideapad using a diagnostic utility.

To rule out a faulty recovery disc, try to burn a Windows 10 recovery disc from here:

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/software/operating-systems/how-to-create-a-windows-10-recovery-disk-1302377

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------