I would like to change my credit card for future payments…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to change my credit card for future payments but when I go into my account I am told that I have to cancel skype first. I just want to use another credit card.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

I do not know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

What do you mean. I use it to call Europe.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to be able to use a different credit card from the one I have been using so far.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.
What exactly are you having trouble with your skype account?

To update my credit card or other payment method in Skype?

1. Sign in to your account at skype.com.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and, under Account details (Billing and Payments), select Stored payment details.

• To add a new payment method: Click the plus icon, enter your new payment information, check the box to agree to the Skype Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, then click Continue.

• To delete a payment method: Click Delete next to the payment method you want to remove, and then click Delete on the confirmation page.

You can delete a credit card if you’ve used it to buy Skype Credit, but you can’t delete a card that is being used for recurring payments (a subscription or Auto-recharge). You must cancel the recurring payment first.

You can't delete PayPal as your payment method.

I know that but did not want to cancel my subscription. I do not understand why you charged me $36 and do not want to conitinue to pay that amount ewvery month.
No I did not request any assistance
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

It seems you are offline and not ready for remote support. Actually you need not cancel your account to update the card info. Please check this Skype KB article and follow the instructions to update your card details. If you need help with it, I can remotely connect to your system and assist you. If you need remote support, please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can fix a time suitable for both of us.

Regards

Jins

Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

This is Rob. I will do your remote session and fix your credit card preferences

My phone number is ***** the secure section

please give me a call and we can set up a time and a link to do the remote