Have possible virus. Have possible virus. Don't know if

Customer Question
Have possible virus Technician's...

Have possible virus

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Have possible virus. Don't know if message on lap top is real or scam. Please call(###) ###-####Jim

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Pavilion

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Was working with Schwab and used google for first time in a long time. Have Schwab on Internet Explorer for many months, and working well

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The message said to call Microsoft immediately or my lap top would be shut down to keep from contaminating other systems

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus alert/popup; is it still showing up on your browser now? Are you running Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Have computer shut down running 8 will turn on and see what comes up.

OK, I'll stand by. Thanks,

Going to Charles Schwab & Co. This states the webpage you are viewing is trying to close the tab. Do want to close this
Tab? If I respond, no, nothing happens, if yes, then the page goes back away. At the top of page it states streaming data is unavailable for professionals this is on Internet Explorer.

Sorry about the brief wait; but you are not seeing that bogus message anywhere on your browser now?

The message to call up Microsoft - is it showing up now as well?

Not showing now, but will try google, typed in streetsmartcentral.com, appears to be loading. Upper left hand corner, little half circle going round and round. Screen now states connection was interrupted, a network change was detected, ERR network changed, says to reload

It looks like a malicious website had hijacked your browsers and was showing up that rogue popup/alert - it's not related to Microsoft or Windows in any way. Can we go ahead with a secure remote session on the computer so I can check this now?

Should I hit reload as it says?

OK, go ahead - does it bring up the website all right this time?

Still here?

Hit reload, upper left shows accounts.google.com. Don't know what that means

One more time, can we go ahead with a secure remote session on the computer so I can check this quickly now? If not, I'll open up your question to our other experts who can assist via this page. Thanks,

go ahead

It looks like your remote assistance request did not go through for some reason. I'll have to go off for the day now so let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further. Thanks,

I want to switch to remote assistance and provided my credit card info. What now.
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

If you don't want me to remotely connect, that is okay too. Please, let me know how you wish to continue.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason