Lenny here with problem. after running Administrator

Customer Question
Hello, Lenny here with problem...
Hello, Lenny here with problem. after running Administrator :Command prompt, at the ipconfig /renew command I received "An error occurred while renewinf interface Wi-Fi : unable to contact your DHCP server. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me in what is the operating system of the computer? Is it a Windows 10/ 8 / 7?

Windows 8.1
I have no internet on the computerI am fixing. Hence, you cannot fix remotely.
I have run 60 possible scenarion to fix problem including 6 from Microsoft. All come back with "No valid IP address" for Wireless or Ethernet wifi connection. All other computers and devices have wifi and work ok. Just this one ASUS laptop.

I understand, It is an automatic popup and you can skip that. Now could you please tell me whether you are using any wifi modem/router or Hotspot to connect the computer to the network? If you are using such devices please try restart the WiFi modem/router or hotspot and check if you can access internet.

As I told you, I have attempted to fix this problem 60 times. I have done the obvious hundreds of times over the past two weeks. As you saw in my question, I am at the Administrator: Command Prompt level of this issue. Any turn power on or off or reboot answers are ridiculous at this point. Please think past the basics. I am calling you for expertise, not remedial suggestions. Now be my hero and help me, please. You see my desperation. Read my first question again please.

Do you have any other device like iPhone or iPad or alternate computer which is connected to the wifi network?

Did you see the message where I said "All other computers and devices have wifi and work ok. Just this one ASUS laptop."
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

I was verifying the problem and it sounds like there is no IP configuration on your computer in this case we need to check the IP address of the alternate computer so that it will be very easy for me to assign a static IP address on your computer which is having issue.

The last tech, Karthic did not read my question or responses. Thank you for not asking me to reboot my computer or unplug my rouder and count to 10. I'm ready to check the IP address. What do I do?
I am on the laptop that works in case you need for me to look up valid IP address. Next to me is laptop that cannot access wifi or ethernet.

In order to check the IP address in your alternate computer, please follow the step below

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. To view the IP address of a wired connection, click View Status to the right of Local Area Connection and click Status and click Details then look for the address next to "IPv4 IP Address, Subnet mask and IPv4 Default Gateway. (Or)

4. To view the IP address of a wireless adapter, click View Status to the right of Wireless Network Connection and click Status and click Details then look for the address next to "IPv4 IP Address, Subnet mask and IPv4 Default Gateway. If any part of my response is unclear, Please let me know.

IPv4 Default Gateway is blank.
Subnet mask is 255.255.0.0

May I know how your computer is connected is it through WiFi or Ethernet cable and also are you able to go online on this computer?

Can I take the remote access of this computer if it is fine with you?

I am connected through WiFi on both the computer we are fixing and am on wifi chatting with you now, as we speak.
You do know that this computer is the one that works, correct?

We do have an option were we can take secure remote access on the computer. This is only an add on service and it is an optional plan, If you wish you can opt this service. The reason why I am informing is it could eliminate on delayed response me and it increases our ability to resolve this issue. It is a less time consuming and less complicated because you can see what I am doing. While there is a nominal fee for this, It is 100% refundable if I am unable to resolve your issue. Would you like for Remote access?

I understand that this computer is working fine the thing is the computer which is having issue is not getting an IP address from the router so we need to assign the static IP address to the computer. we can not assign any IP address to the computer it should be in the range so in order to do that we need the IP address of this computer.

I think I can navigate it fine. I have several times already. I can get IP address of this computer.

Okay that's fine, Please open the command prompt and type ipconfig and hit enter. you will be able to find the IP address and the default gateway.

ok I have IPv4, Subnet mask and Default Gateway addresses

Okay, can i have that information?

IPv4 Address192.168.1.90
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.254

1. Press and hold the windows key + R, you will be able to see Run box

2. In the Run box, please type ncpa.cpl, you will be able to view Network connection window.

3. Right click on the Wireless network connection/ Wifi adapter. then click on Properties.

4. You will be seeing many check box, please look for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).

5. First check the option Use the following IP address

• Enter the IP as : 192.168.50.200,
  • Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
  • Default Gateway 192.168.1.254

6.Now check the option Use the following DNS server address and

• Enter your Preferred: 8.8.8.8
  • Alternate DNS server address: 8.8.4.4

So after you have finished, click “OK” to save changes. Next Windows will verify the connection by running.

Once it is done please check whether you are able to go online or not if not please try to restart the computer once and then check again.

DHCP is not enabled for Wi-Fi NOT FIXED
WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration NOT FIXED

Could you please try to use the wired connection.

I am wired now and have restarted the computer. No connection.

Could you please check the IP address now after connecting it to wire.

There is no default gateway or DNS server address

Could you please try again to assign the same IP address and DNS address and default gateway and check if it works.

No change. It says that "the default gateway is not on the same network segment (subnet) that is defined by the IP address and subnet mask.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused could you please try with this IP address 192.168.1.200 and let me know if this works.

Did not work

I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. Other expert will be able to see the older conversation so there is no need to explain the issue again and they will start from where we have left. Thank you.

Thank you.