I have saved document on Word Perfect and when I pull it up…

Customer Question
I have saved document...

I have saved document on Word Perfect and when I pull it up is says it is a read only and I would have to save it under a different name?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

Computer is an hp and I don't know the model and I am using Word perfect not word. Where do i find the version?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

You will have to tell me how to find that

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I purchased it about 2 years ago. OS build is listed as 15063.736 64 bit OS CPU 3.40 GHZ processor Intel(R Core(TM) i3-3240 C0pu @ 3.40 GHZ. Windows Pro. Operating System X64 processor

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I want to know wny my Word Perfect documents only save as read only

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi Susan,

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please provide the following details so we can go to the next step:

1. Is this a standalone computer or are you connected to a network?
  2. When you start composing each new document are you starting from a blank document or are you starting from a prior document and changing it?

Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

it is a stand alone computer also I save a document then when I bring it back up it says it is a read only document and I will have to save it under a different name. Frustrating.
I am hoping I can find out why Word Perfect is behaving this way without having you charge me $39.

As a test, open Word Perfect program, rather than opening an existing document. Then click on the menu item to create a new document. Just type anything and then try to save. Let me know if you get the read only message. Then, once saved, close WordPerfect and then go directly to the document you just saved and open it from the document itself. Let me know if you get a read only message.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I opened a new document in Word Perfect saved it and closed Word Perfect. I then used the computer to find the document and when I tried to open it I got the same message saying This document "C:\My Files\Test.wpd is in use or specified as a read only document. You may edit the document but it has to be saved with a new name. Continue?"

A couple more questions:

1. When you did the test, did you save the document to the same folder as the other documents? If so, please do the test again and save it to another location such as the desktop
  2. What Antivirus program are you running on that computer?

Thanks,

Sheri-Expert