TO OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT. THE SCREEN GOES GRAY WITH A BOUNCING…

Customer Question
I AM TRYING TO...

I AM TRYING TO OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT. THE SCREEN GOES GRAY WITH A BOUNCING ARROW AT THE BOTTOM CENTER OF THE SCREEN.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

I am trying to open a new Skype account. When I get to the sign in page, it goes grey with a bouncing arrow at the bottom center of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 7. Lap top computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

I am trying to create a new account. I believe that I was able to enter my phone # and password. I have never had a Skype account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Is there any way I can contact a tech rep by phone?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
This is turning into a night mare. All I want to do is open an account with Skype. I was sent to an entirely different web site, and was charged $5.00. It was absolutely no help. Skype was supposed to send me a security code which never came. I am at my wits end. I do not know what to do
I have nothing more to add. I hope that you can help.
I must shut down my computer now as I have another appointment.If you would, please email complete instructions as how to open an account. This is a new account. I might of had an account with Microsoft, but that was years ago, and have no idea if I had a password ***** not. Also please tell me how to access the Skype web site.Thanks,***** *****
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Roy,

To start a new Skype account, on the Skype sign in screen, select Create new account (or go directly to the Create an account page).

The site will then guide you through the process of creating a new account for Skype.

If it isn't working for you, try using a different web browser.

You can sign up for Skype at: https://signup.live.com/signup

And you can access the Skype website online at: https://login.skype.com/

Let me know if you would like remote support with this.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------