I just went to check my pictures, got a small screen to

Customer Question
I just went to...

I just went to check my pictures, got a small screen to upgrade, did so, now cant find some of my pics, its changed stuff around. The folder for some pics has the right date, but has every video I have, and not all the pics that were in that folder.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 7, on a an acer laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Acer model do you have?

5830T-6486

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?

Installed one update for my pics this morning

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Where did you check pics?

From pictures in your folders or in an actual program that wanted you to upgrade?

From
pictures in my folders.Perhaps via windows media player

ok. We are going to try a restore if you have any restore points.

Do you need directions to do this?

Is that like refresh?

Yes and no. System restore to another point if you have that on your pc enabled, will take it back to another time

before you did the changes/upgrade on your photos.

I'll have to walked thru this

No problem.

Getting directions for you now.

Whatever you do. Do Not STOP this process one started if you find a restore point and do NOT factory reset.

You only want an 'earlier' version. It will put everything back the way it was on that date you choose.

1. Click Start, next All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then System Restore.
  2. System restore will show a recommended restore, which is the latest created restore point. In case you are sure the system was still running properly on this date, click Next; else select Choose a different restore point. This will present you with a list of available restore points, ordered by date. Select a date on which, or prior to, you know your system was working correctly, and click Next.
  3. You will receive a confirmation window. Click Finish to start the restore process. The system will automatically restart as part of the process.

Tell me if you find one and the results if you continue.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

ok, I think I have to close this screen we are communicating on to do this, am I right?

You can always pull up the screen again. Were you able to restore?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin