Forgot administrator password. Adding a device. Windows 10,

Customer Question
Forgot administrator password Technician's...

Forgot administrator password

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Adding a device

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10, ASUS?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

SINCE SET UP -I HAVE TRIED PHONING

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to change password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are you signed in to the computer right now?

Thank you. Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)

Click Accounts. Select Your Info on the left.

On the right side does it say you are an administrator?

no i just need advice o how to change

Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)

no

Thanks. From the items on the left click do you see Family & Other People ?

no
im actually going to terminate this application as not paying an ogoing fee for this kind of advice.

Password ***** can only be made by user accounts that are members of the administrators group.

If your account is not an administrator and there are no other administrator accounts on the computer

then the only way to regain administrative access to the computer is to reset Windows and reload it.

You will lose your files (if they have not been backed up) and your programs will need to be re-installed.

Re-start the computer.

While looking at the login screen, hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

(install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked)

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new administrative user account and have access to the machine again.

Let me know the result please.