My computer will not let me in .... it keeps telling me my…

Customer Question
My computer will not...

My computer will not let me in .... it keeps telling me my password ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I need to change the password ***** my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It’s an hp

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I have not benn using it for a month I used my ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to change my password *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good afternoon,

This can be accomplished by following some instructions, however you need to have access to another PC so you can create a file on a USB drive. I can provide you with the instructions to do it, if you can access a second PC to make the USB drive(the file is free), or I can link you to where you can purchase a pre-made USB drive and have it shipped priority to you. Which one would you like?

I only have my laptop or my ipad

Ok. I can provide you with the exact steps to follow, which uses a program you can get for free, but you do need access to a second PC to create the USB drive that you will use to reset the Windows password. If you don't have a second PC (work, friends, relatives, etc.) then you can purchase the USB drive. Then, you just pug the USB drive into the PC and reboot it, then follow the prompts and within 2-3 minutes you can reset your password. Do you want to purchase one of the pre-made USB drives?

No
I will just go to the store I bought it from
Bye

Ok, just a heads up to save you some time, they cannot reset your password.