I cannot get into my Microsoft account to reset my password.

Customer Question
I cannot get into...

I cannot get into my Microsoft account to reset my password. My email is***@******.***, but they are not sending me the code I need.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

On my other computer.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have a phone no. but it is not being recognized.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a new laptop, and am stuck at the Microsoft password *****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have access to this number:

(***) ***-**86

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?