How do I set up or find the "Favorites bar?

Customer Question
How do I set up...
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Which web browser are you using?

No.

Which web browser are you using?

Windows 10
It's a Dell computer.
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-vj9ab5ux,

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I understand you are trying to set up the Favorites Bar. I would be happy to assist you with your request. Please let me know which web browser you are setting it up in or provide some more details so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I believe I'm using Windows 10.

OK, thanks. ***** bar are you trying to set up? Do you mean when you are on the Internet and want shortcuts on the Favorites bar to go to your Favorite sites or something else?

It looks like Josh is already taking care of you, but I didn't realize. I will opt out so he can continue.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I want to set up a "favorites" bar with my most frequently used sites.
I understand that my browser is File Explorer in Windows 10.
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, it looks like Josh has stepped away from the computer so I'll be happy to assist you with this.

File Explorer is Windows' folder structure, it's not a web browser. Some common web browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Can you tell me what icon you click on to get online? What does the icon look like?

I click on the blue ë".

Okay, thank you.

Since you said you're running Windows 10, I'm going to assume that you're using the Microsoft Edge browser. If that's the case, try following these steps:

1. In the upper-right corner click on the Settings icon (it looks like three small dots).

2. Click Settings at the very bottom of the drop-down menu. This should open the settings panel.

3. On the settings panel, about halfway down you should see an option that says Favorites Bar, and then under that it says, "Show Favorites Bar." Go ahead and slide that to the On position and then your Favorites bar should appear!

In the unlikely event that you're actually running Internet Explorer instead of Edge--both browsers have a blue E icon--then you'll want to follow these steps to bring up the Favorites bar:

1. Hold down the Alt key on your keyboard and press the V key. This should bring up the View menu at the top.

2. In the View menu, go to Toolbars --> Favorites Bar. Once you click on Favorites Bar, it should pop up at the top.

That should do it for you! Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: Before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Are you still with me? Did you have any other questions on this?

If you have no other questions, please remember to rate the answer 3 STARS or better at the top of the page for me.