I can see the other person on skype but they cannot see me?

Customer Question
I can see the...

I can see the other person on skype but they cannot see me? I am using a MAC Desktop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

October 4th

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Nothing, I only installed it because I am doing a long distance

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Consultation with a doctor in California and I live in Utah. They only do skype calls

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The Skype issue you describe is often due to memory errors in the network devices that provide your Internet connection. To rule out the network as the cause power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.