Nothing I need to remove all of my personal information so I…

Customer Question
Nothing I need to...

Nothing I need to remove all of my personal information so I can return it.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not tried anything because I am not a computer person. I have not added any updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the internet currently working on the computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

1. Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on the gear icon (that's Settings.)
    - (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and i on the computer's keyboard, then the Settings window should open.)
  2. Then click on option Update & security.
  3. Then click on option Recovery.
  4. Click on option Reset PC, and continue.
  5. When prompted, select option Remove everything and continue / reset.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If that does not work, please try:

Solution #2:

1. Shut down / restart the computer.
  2. Do not log in the computer.
  3. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  5. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  6. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  7. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  8. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue / reset.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going? Were you able to reset your computer fresh with any of the solutions I've provided above?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule another time. Thank you.