My Roku 2 is not holding signal. Comcast and Netflix

Customer Question
My Roku 2 is...

My Roku 2 is not holding signal.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Comcast and Netflix referred me today Roku

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to check the Roku device

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

can you be more specific about "not holding signal" ? what exactly happens?

Cannot connect
Have un pluged it several time in 2 Days for a Re set. Still can not connect

So you cannot connect your ROKU to the wireless network at all?

No signal Jumping in an out
The Roku has been set up for years and working fine
The last two days I cannot have a signal my Internet provider and Netflix told me to contact you all

ok, i see, this is a bit out of my range, let me opt out and another expert will assist

Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-26bhstkg,

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please first let me know what you are plugging the Roku in. Also, is it the type of Roku that requires separate power or is it the USB stick type?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

It has been plugged in to Comcast box
It is on its own power model number two

Do you have a TV that has a USB port?

I believe so

Ok, so plug the Roku into the usb port on the TV. Then change the TV Input until you see the Roku screen. Then check the Roku settings to see if it has your correct wifi network settings.

Tech Support Specialist: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 7 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, I am here to help. Please let me know where you are at in troubleshooting this problem so that I may continue to assist you.