Occasionally, when I am searching on google, while

Customer Question
Occasionally, when I am...

Occasionally, when I am searching on google, while participating in a PCH search, I get a Microsoft alert that my machine is infected. It directs me to an unfamiliar phone number, but it takes over my computer and only a restart will reset it. Is there, in fact, a way that Microsoft can detect viruses on a computer?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

My phone's WiFi is secured thru my Comcast xfinity account and the only thing they share (to my knowledge) is my Outlook email.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

My computer connects to the xfinity control box,and the wireless box via an internet phone jack, and my cell connects wirelssly to the router (I think)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I only get the virus alert on my computer, and only while searching?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

That is fake and your pc have adware installed that can be removed with Malwarebytes.

Do you have Malwarebytes installed?

No

Ok please download from the link below and install

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou

Ones installed please run a scan and let me know when it's done.

On top of the $ 36.00, or for $3.00 more?

Do you want me to do it?

I will not ask more

Please CLICK HERE and open the file

Just following up

Did you do the scan?