I just got a ph call about stopping my Microsoft. My phone…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a ph call about stopping my Microsoft. My phone number is(###) ###-####Please help me My name is*****: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I don't have a smart phone!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

My call was from Microsoft. Could I have a phone no to call?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a land phone(###) ###-####Could you call me please

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Did the people on the phone want to connect to your computer? If so did you let them?

I'm not sure. I'm 73 yrs old. And I'm not computer savy!

Ok did they ask you for money and did you pay them any money?

Microsoft does not just call people. So most likely these people pretending to be Microsoft wanted to connect to your computer and then lie to you about problems you do not have and charge you money to fix them. If you did not allow them access to your computer (you would know if you did) and if you did not pay them anything then you have nothing to worry about. This is a very common scam. Remember no tech support company will ever call you first, your computer does not report to anyone about problems it may have.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.