Well when it's used for a long time, maybe a few hours,

Customer Question
Well when it's used...

Well when it's used for a long time, maybe a few hours, everything stops working, first the keyboard, then the mouse pad, then the screen and eventually it either fully stops working or it shows a blue screen. If the latter happens it restarts and the shows the pop up window of normal mode safe mode etc. only the keyboard still doesn't work

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting the mouse: by USB or wirelessly?

Mousepad, on the laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you switched the mouse (or mouse receiver) to different ports to see if that helps?

It's not just the mouse, if it was I could just use a usb mouse and shut up but it's everything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Uhm yeah the keyboard only works again after a hard reset

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the model of the computer with the issue?

Thank you

lenovo y700
It just seems no one can seem to find anything wrong with it, even though there clearly is one.

THanks

What have you had tried already to resolve this so we do not do this again

virus cleaning, driver updating, file cleaning, sent it to a shop

Has windows been reinstalled on it?

no, it's up to date though

Ok, please do the following

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me how it performs please

you know what, I can't afford this, I was hoping for just a tip to get me going, sorry to waster your time.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

Richard, Computer Specialist