When I power on my background screen comes on and I hear a…

Customer Question
When I power on...

When I power on my background screen comes on and I hear a video from an ad in the background but when I hit enter to bring up my login prompt I get nothing but a black screen. I have rebooted and same thing happens. Worked fine last night.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

I get nothing but a black scree...cannot log on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Asus Q504UA-BHI5. Notebook

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Windows 10

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did you purchase this laptop?

05/2017

Okay, and did anything noticeable occur before this started happening?

Nothing

Okay, one moment please.

Do you hear beeps when you start your machine or is it an actual ad playing in the background?

Actual ad. Could I have hit some key combination to cause this?

And the screen is completely black? Nothing is visible on your display when you start the machine?

When I power on my background screen appears. I hit enter to bring up the login screen and screen turns black.

Okay,

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
  2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  3. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
Do I do this from my background screen or the black screen?
Sam are you still there?

Yes, you should be able to do this from the background screen.

There should be a power icon in the bottom right of the screen

It just returns me to the same background screen.

Were you able to boot the machine in safe mode?

Sam I have an emergency here. Can I vconnect back to you in an hour??

For sure. Just contact me when you're ready!

I’m back. Just tried the Power- restart again but it’s back to my background screen and no options show up.

Okay, I am going to open up the question to another expert, I'm not sure exactly what is going on with your machine but it will be hard for me to troubleshoot without seeing the device.

Thank you!

I need help as soon as possible as I work from home! Thank you.
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.

Are you able to login to windows desktop screen?

I called your online support services over a couple of hours ago to say I had logged in directly to the ASUS website and figured out how to resolve my issue. All I need now is you to credit my account.

you can contact customer service from the link given below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help