Can't get in my computer never put in password and asking…

Customer Question
Can't get in my...

Can't get in my computer never put in password ***** asking for one

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

No password

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp what do you mean by operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it yesterday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Can you describe exactly what the screen looks like?

When did this start?

If you see a request for remote, it is automated. Please disregard as i am not sending them to you if you do not need that feature.

Only click that accept for remote portion if you prefer that method.
This is where we connect computers and i resolve the issue with you in real time together after remote is accepted and directions are sent. It will ONLY work with a mac or windows pc. NO other device.
We use this feature for people who need a little more hands on approach with resolving their issue.

If it is not desired, please just disregard and we will continue written communication.

Windows10

When did this start?

Asking for a password

It is important you answer the questions i send.

This is why, for example, if a virus got in, it could have encrypted your computer.

Some will see nothing but a flower pic asking for password ***** no place to put it.

Or it is on your microsoft account.

Or it is on a local account. When hitting enter to many times with wrong password, a local account will say hint.

A microsoft account will say go online.

A frog

What happens when you repeatedly hit enter and give the wrong password?

Any message?

Go account.live.com to fix the problem

Perfect!

That means you have an email attached to that computer for your microsoft account.

Do you know your email address for microsoft such as outlook/msn/live etc?

Outlook

Ok, we are going to test first.

Do you have another phone, ipad/tablet etc?

Do not use email client. Go to outlook.com in a browser and try to log in with your email password.

Tell me if you can log in with it.

If you cannot, you must reset your password ***** before we continue.

Tell me the results please.

Only this phone and computer have

Ok, we are going to test first.

Tell me if you can log in with it.

Tell me the results please.

How I reset the computer

Please only do as i ask. This is going to get you in by that email.

Tell me if you can log in with it.

Tell me the results please.

Andy, Computer Consultant