Recently the computer shuts down while i'm in the middle of…

Customer Question
Recently the computer shuts...

Recently the computer shuts down while i'm in the middle of something. It can be started up again immediately, but the shut downs worry me. What's wrong and do you think I've been hacked?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It's a dell pc , I don't know what "model". I don't know what you mean by operating system - maybe BIOS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Other than restarting it, I've tried nothing. i'm quite computer illiterate. It's been like this since Thursday or Friday. We had company, I think one of our guests was trying to access something. But I can't be sure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

At the same time as these shut offs started, all the print shows up large. I don't mind that - but it is simultaneous with the shut offs. Also, I changed the battery in the mouse, but it still responds wildly.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.