My samsung J3 touchscreen became unresponsive, I have

Customer Question
My samsung J3 touchscreen...

My samsung J3 touchscreen became unresponsive, I have removed the battery and sims card for a soft reset and it comes back on but remains unresponsive to touch. the buttons on the bottom and on the sides still work however and I am recieving emails and messages but am unable to open anything. This comes after I got impatient with its upgrade request and I hit the no button as I was in job negotiation. Can this be repaired???

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I am using my laptop right now so that is not a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I am recieving mail the touchscreen on the Samsung j3 phone just refuses to respond to touch.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

This is not a email issue it is a phone repair issue. Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.

How old is the Samsung J3 phone?