I wish I knew. I cannot log in and neither can APPL. Who is…

Customer Question
I wish I knew...

I wish I knew. I cannot log in and neither can APPL. Who is using my computer and who sent my emails to Russia last July? This is the only computer I have. I need it.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Just my uPhone. Is it safe?

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes to both

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Apple techs could not reset the password ***** my is.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Could you explain a little more about the issue? I wasn't able to get all the details from what you've explained. I wanted to make sure I understand about the emails going to Russia and your Apple password.

My computer is another issue. But since I am having trouble with it, I am wondering if it is the same person or company ( AMZN?) was sending my emails to Russia the last week of July. I was pretty sure it was AMZN. One of gmail’s employees called me around the last week of July and asked me if I knew my emails were going to Russia. I was looking for a email I sent. Found it but it wouldn’t open.

I am going to Opt out and let a more experienced expert take over for this issue since this doesn't deal with only the apple password. I think there will need to be some advanced troubleshooting to figure out if you have some kind of malware or leak of your password. Let me opt out and someone can jump on this one.

Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

I can see that you mentioned a Gmail employee called you -- Gmail/Google will never call you. It sounds like a scam company/person called you to inform you about a fake thing happening and they either did or are trying to extort money out of you.

I don’t have use of my computer and I am at home alone. I dismissed my nurses yesterday after three weeks. I fell, fractured my knee and both wrists. I am Sr. Citizen and my phone is all I have if my need to call for help.I am going to APPL Wednesday. Maybe I should wait until then.It involved Amazon’s getting rid of the email I sent requesting a check for the money I spent to replace the carpet ruined by Amazon ‘s carpet cleaning company. I took tens of thousands out of my IRA. Didn’t get it back in time to put it back into the IRA. Had to put it in Taxable Acct.Amazon wanted to erase the email here I elected to take a check so they could say I didn’t designate a check and they would give me a GIFT CARD!!!

Did you read my last reply? It sounds like you are being scammed and you are opening scam emails, etc.

they sent the email to Russia.

I am wondering if they have had anything to do with my computer not accepting my login.

I read your last reply. I did not go to the website and put in the code they asked me to put in. I paid no money. I hope AMZN didn’t do anything but I do know that after I sent the list of expenses to their adjuster, everything was deleted from my email the next morning. the list was empty
does someone have access to my emails?

No, they are trying to scam you.

They wanted you to go to a website, enter a code, then connect to your computer and pretend that your email account was hacked then force you to pay a large amount of money even though there was no issue.

I am going to take my computer to Apple Wednesday. They couldn’t fix it remotely.I may call you back after Apple looks st my computer.

There is nothing wrong with your computer or email account.

Those people were scammers and lying to you.

No Apple can’t reset my login and neither can I. I have used the same log-in since I got the computer three years ago

Okay

May I have the money refunded back to my card. I still think someone or some company hacked my gmails- the ones that were erased and I couldn’t open

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Andy, Computer Consultant