I have a new phone number so I want to change that for my…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new phone number so I want to change that for my recovery information

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is a Samsung on5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I tried to go through Google settings but getting nowhere

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just went to change the phone number information that's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

To change your phone number simply follow these steps:

1. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/phone.

2. Sign in if you are not already signed in to your account, and then click the Edit icon on the right-hand side (it looks like a little pencil).

3. Confirm your password ***** necessary, and then click the Edit icon again.

4. Then click Update Number and follow the on-screen prompts.

That will do it for you! Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: Before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Are you still with me? Did you have any further questions on this?

If you have no further questions, please remember to rate the answer 3 STARS or better at the top of the page for me. That will close out our session.