My other surface pro does not show available internet

Customer Question
My other surface pro...

My other surface pro does not show available internet connections.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

For about 3 hours. We have tried to install network driver.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 10, 64 bit, surface pro 3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Turn off and on. Loading a network adapter driver. There is no network adapter listed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you first check whether the problem Surface Pro is not with its WiFi connection in the Airplane Mode. (You can tell that, by the WiFi icon turning to an Airplane icon.)

If it Airplane Mode, take it out of / disable Airplane Mode. Then see if it can pick up available wireless networks.

If that is not the problem, then if it worked relatively recently, I suggest doing a System Restore on it as follows:

System Restore can be done by the following:

Go to
Start - [All] Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore
and choose to Restore system to a previous [etc.], then from the calendar-like interface, choose the first restore point about several days to a week *before* the problem started, then do the restoring.

(Warning: it may help to first disconnect from the internet, then also disable - temporarily, i.e. turn Off - your anti-virus utility, since they can often interfere with the Restore operation completing successfully.... before doing a System Restore.)

The computer will grind away for a while, then restart automatically, then grind away some more, and hopefully will come up with a message that the Restore operation was fully successful.

And hopefully that will cure the problem.

(PS: Do not choose to do a System Restore if you have recently installed any Microsoft software of any considerable cost. Its installation may be reversed, and you may lose money that way. Let me know if you think that's the case, and I will advise you further as to what to do.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated.

Thank you.