My pc did a recent auto update and now the screen is

Customer Question
My pc did a...

My pc did a recent auto update and now the screen is stretched out. Fonts are messed up on desktop, etc. I'm thinking some driver didn't get updated but every time I try to do a manual update of anything, my Webroot objects. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Webroot software?

In the past week or so when I renewed my Geek Squad support for another year.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, I think.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please right click on the Start button, and select Device manager.

In Device Manager, click to expand Display Adapter.

Check the Display Adapter. Check if it is ATI Radeon HD 3000 or 4000 series.

Also, let me know the make and model number of your computer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>

Please be informed that, Inbuilt graphics that came installed with your computer (ATI Radeon 4000/3000/2000 seris) is not compatible with Windows 10. Check the link below, it is listed under "Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10". So, the computer needs a graphic card (only if you are using a desktop computer) that is compatible with Windows 10. Otherwise, you have to downgrade the computer to Windows 7 or Windows 8.

It was working fine with Windows 10, however with the latest updates from Microsoft causing issues and you will not be able to get a good resolution for your display. Windows 10 will install the default Microsoft ​Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor.

A lot of customers are facing the same issues. Customers who are using Laptop with this graphic adapter and not able to do anything. They have to just downgrade the operating system to Windows 7, 8 or replace the computer itself.

If you are using a Desktop computer, you can upgrade the graphic card and use it. Purchase a new graphic card that is compatible with Windows 10 and install on your computer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>