I have a desktop and a new (2 months) and they both crashed…

Customer Question
I have a desktop and...
I have a desktop and a new (2 months) and they both crashed during driver download when the internet was so slow that they take the data from your phone and use it instead of the internet your paying for. Now my problem is that I am trying to get them back functioning. The desktop is 8.1 but I can’t verify it. I have even bought new license x2 but it will not accept them. The laptop went down and is now locked because it is asking for a password. It won’t take the password ***** I had it set to not require one. I have tried 2 programs that say they can fix it but no help there. I’ve already spent too much for my income on trying to fix them. What am I doing wrong or is it just a loss for me and that would be easily over a 1000$ gone. Help! Oh the laptop is windows 10 which I dislike. Too many things that don’t work or has bugs.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, do you see an email address (or just the account name) listed for your account at the logon screen?

I believe sometimes it will show the email “*****@******.*** and it will also sometimes show a hint to a password ***** know but it won’t take it. It seems nothing works the same with this internet provider. I had another for 12 years and it was great

Please open up the desktop now. At the logon screen what exactly shows up now? An account name only, or an email address as well?

I can get into the desk top now. I just can’t verify it. It won’t take the license for windows and I have bought two and it still won’t take it. The laptop is the one I can’t get into at all. I have no password ***** it wants. I know what it is suppose to be but it won’t take it.
It’s loading now
It has the usual screen and it says I have no internet. I just pressed enter and I got a whole new deal asking for sign in options. Use either Microsoft password ***** another. Never had that before and now it’s gone and loading again. I wasn’t fast enough.
Didn’t do it this time only asks for password

OK, and do you see an email address listed for the account there?

When I press enter it goes down and have to wait till it comes back
No just my picture for Microsoft

Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Ok thank you

By the way, will be okay with you to carry out a system reset on the laptop that will restore it back to factory settings and start over with a new account? Do let me know.

sure thars fine, cause its no good to me this way. is there any way to get out of 10 I just don't like its too beta and always has a problem I love 9.1 if possible
I mean 8.1 I thought my payments already were included in my account how much will this end up costing me

PS: Please ignore and close any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue (and you will not be charged for the same either.)

Please do this now:

At the logon screen on the laptop, click on the power icon at the bottom-right and then HOLD down the Shift key on your keyboard and click "Restart" (while still holding down the key.)

Does this bring up a blue "Choose an option" screen?

Ok but it just now is scanning itself cause it says it has a problem lol
It’s called support assist

Hmm; but I thought you said that you were not able to logon to your Windows account on the laptop itself?

I didn’t it did itself now it explains the f keys and what they do. Still can’t log in and use it
It says everything is fine according to support assist. Wish it were true

Please press and HOLD down the Power button on the laptop for 30 seconds and then release. Next, press the Power button one more time - what shows up now?

Should I leave this screen first
Ok I did it and it went to the support thing again doing a system scan but it first asked for my system code and it did and it validates it says no issues again with hardware
Went back to log in screen
Has my picture and my name and asks for password

OK. At the logon screen on the laptop, click on the power icon at the bottom-right and then HOLD down the Shift key on your keyboard and click "Restart" (while still holding down the key.)

It just went down again as I was just about to do it. It’s comming back up sorry
It went to another user with options but it went too fast and went down hardlybhad time to read will try again

Sorry; let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

It went to use another domain
It onlybstaysbthereba sec and goes down again
Whoops
Tried to do what the screen said and it didn’t work now it goes round and round Down up down up
Andy, Computer Consultant