Where do I find my web service provider? Elite book 8440p.

Customer Question
Where do I find...

Where do I find my web service provider?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Elite book 8440p

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I’m new to this laptop and I am not very computer savvy please help me. What & where is my URL?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Elite book 8440p

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have just attempted to install Skype and now it’s asking 1) Service Provider URL. 2) User ID. 3) Password. I have 2 & 3.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m not sure, but I’m stuck here.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you want to port your Skype Number, contact your new provider directly to initiate this.

The URL is the website address for that provider, e.g. if you were using Verizon then the URL would be https://www.verizonwireless.com

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------