I think I have just been scammed! I received this loud

Customer Question
I think I have just...
I think I have just been scammed! I received this loud warning on my computer to call(###) ###-####as my devices had been scammed. I paid 199.99 to have them stop the scammers. They said it had nothing to do with my virus protection and it had originated in Russia and Nigeria. The number remains at the bottom of my screen. Have I been scammed?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

It is a scam.

A user inadvertently clicks a compromised link that redirects to a pop up telling the user their

computer has a problem such as security or virus infection, telling them to call a toll-free number to fix the problem.

Once the call is made the pitch appeals to fear of further computer problems and the sale is made.

The reality is that there is nothing wrong with the computer.