I have a pass worded document from 4/. I have forgotten the…

Customer Question
I have a pass...

I have a pass worded document from 4/. I have forgotten the password.2017

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo, Intel, core i3 or 13 not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have tried several other possible passwords. None work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to retrieve password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello we need more information please.

Is this a Microsoft Word document?

If so, is the document a .doc or .docx
If so, what version of Microsoft Word was the document created with?

It was written in Open office 4.1.3. Not sure if it is Microsoft or not. Very limited computer knowledge!
Why is tech support specialist unable to call me? How do I retrieve password ***** access document. Will you still be able to help me??

Hello I do not do remote assistance or make telephone calls since this would not be worth it.

Your choice is limited I am afraid to tell you.

What you can do is install this programme click me Only choose the free trial. The trial will tell you the first three characters of the password ***** to lock the document. Hopefully seeing these characters will job your memory. If not then you need to purchase the programme for $35