I have a windows 10 contract and my file explorer hangs up…

Customer Question
I have a windows...

I have a windows 10 contract and my file explorer hangs up regularly. It is most annoying

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

HP 15 inch envy? one year old but this has been happening from the get go

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 15? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I had kasperski but now have mcafee

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I am contemplating suicide because of this problem. (Just joking)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.
Facing this trouble since how many days?

It was set up by the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Same problen with earlier HP and has continued with this new one. It doesn't hang up (not repsonding) all the time. It is not a problem with non-windows applications But it's a killer when saving Excel and Word.

do you experience any error message or a blue screen kind of pop ups?

not tonight. It's bed time. would like to call you back tomorrow. Have you any ideas in the meantime?
Just "not responding". Have to access Task Manager four times and wait and wait and wait.
Moses C. Any last ideas before I log off and go to bed

This will take time to identify the root cause of the issue let me know when you would like me to continue i will try to be online and fix the issue for you.

Good night. It's well past my bedtime.

Goodnight, we can catch up tomorrow. Let me know what time you prefer to continue?