Toashiba 42hl167 how do you get the base stand off. It a…

Customer Question
Toashiba 42hl167 how do...

Toashiba 42hl167 how do you get the base stand off

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It a Toshiba tv model 42hl167

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 42HL167?

20 yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I want to take the stand off so I can hang it on the wall

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 42HL167? What happened right before this?

Just now want to hang it on the wall

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Please let me know if you are online. You can reply using the text box at the bottom of the screen.

Removing the Pedestal Stand

1) Carefully lay the front of the unit face down on a flat,cushioned surface such as a quilt or blanket. Leave the stand protruding over the edge of the surface.Note: Extreme care should always be used when removing the pedestal stand to avoid damage to the LCD panel.

2) Remove the jack pack cover on the back of the TV to expose the pedestal stand screws. The jack pack cover can be removed without tools.

3) Remove the five screws shown in the diagram below. This will allow removal of the pedestal stand.

4) Once you have removed all five screws holding the pedestal stand in place, remove the pedestal stand from the TV by sliding the pedestal stand away from the TV.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!