It is my ipad that I forgot my password. I do not know the…

Customer Question
It is my ipad...

It is my ipad that I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I do not know the last time i used until i posted my rv for sale this week and i cannot get back to my potential buyers

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did what apple said do and that page will not open

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

All i want is to unlock my ipad

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
11/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Alright, well, you're going to need to reset your device to factory settings in order to get back in, if you have locked yourself out by forgetting your password ***** PIN. You need to have iTunes installed, if you don't have it, click here to get it. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.
I will have to wait until my daughter comes in because I do not know all this

Alright, no problem! Let me know if she needs any more assistance when she gets home.

Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Good evening,

Did you have any issues following the instructions?

Hi :)

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. However, if my answer to you was helpful, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric