I have an older webcam and others could not see me I had a…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older webcam and others could not see me I had a Skype on my computer which unfortunately I deleted It was for 8.1. I have windows 10 and now I can see the other person but they can't hear me A strong buzzing sound is going on I think I need a new webcam but I am not computer literate Is there and older Skype program I could download even though I have Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the Skype?

Yes I did unfortunately

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need help with this item for sure thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Its not the skype program that is incompatible with the web camera,its the windows 10 that is incompatible.If camera is working on windows 10 then the applications will also accept it.Before we discard the old web camera lets see if there is any possible way to make it work so please let me know the make and model of the web camera.

Have you checked whether the inbuilt application for camera is detecting your web camera?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.