I want to activate Kas;persky Total Security that I just…

Customer Question
I want to activate...

I want to activate Kas;persky Total Security that I just purchased

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Kaspersky Total Security?

This is a new computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have Kaspersky's web site up but don't know how to get going

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Do you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2017? If so, you need to install the application and then it will ask for you to enter your activation code. Have you installed the application yet?

I don't know where to click for the intallation

I am assuming then that yes that you did purchase "Kaspersky Internet Security 2017"

If so click here: https://support.kaspersky.com/12735 and click the download button.

no, I do not wish for securely connect, if you can just tell me where on the site I can regilster

Sorry once you get there click the link called "how to install Kapersky Internet security 2017

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

Did you get to the download button?

Then after you download the file, double click to open and then you can follow the onscreen instructions.

Just let me know if you get stuck on a step.

I am not sure if the download happened

After you clicked the download button, depending on the browser you are using, the file should have gone somewhere. Either to the bottom or top right corner of your screen.

If not try and click the download button again and watch carefully. I know you mentioned you don't want remote assist but I can help that way as well if you change your mind.

it is downloading now

OK good, then after its download go ahead and open the file and go thru the onscreen instructions. IT's fairly easy. BUt when your all done and you open the app for the first time in the main screen if it doesn't ask for the activation code during the install, you can click the "enter activation code" link toward the bottom of the main menu. See pic attached.

How is it going? OK?

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Just some notes for the ticket:

Was able to remote in but was not able to get his apple id recovered due to Apple's security

We tried to go through the https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid, asked to text his cell phone with verification code

Did that, but said he has to wait 11 days.

INstead we then tried to say no to the phoen number and tried to verify credit card. He does not know the info to verify the credit card because its an old card.

Tried on his mac, apple/system preferences/icloud/forget password ***** asked for the phone number again same result

Then tried to send code to other device, that would be his ipad but he does not have the ipad with him

The ipad would be the last option but since he does not have that, he will have to wait the 11 days.

Also, not sure if it would be an option but worth a try to call apple care and show proof of purchase in hopes that they will unlock faster then 11 days.

Flagging for refund thanks

PLease disregard that last post regarding "Just some notes". PLease let me know the update on your Kaspersky though. Thanks.

Still haven't been able to activate Kaspersky

What happened after you downloaded the software? Did you get through all the steps?

For the last hour Kaspersky has been trying to delete McFee and I can't move on

I see if Kaspersky is trying to uninstall this on its own, then it may be better to cancel the Kaspersky install until you go into the control panel an add remove programs so that you can uninstall McFee from this list first and then try and install. Are you sure you would not want me to remote assist? Remember there is a 100 % guarantee for a refund if you are not satisfied and if I can't fix it. Let me know but if not no worries just reply back when needed.

okay, I will go into control panel and remove McFee, I will get back to you

Sounds good.

I have received an email saying I paid total of $50. I did not want this, only $5 for your help. Also, should I just put off Kaspersky for now and stay with McFee? Do you know if I will still have 12 months left when I finally install it?

Would you like me to not continue and flag this ticket for a refund?

please, flag this ticket for a refund, thanks